The pins and needles sensation most people feel when sitting in a particular position for too long is called temporary paresthesia and usually goes away after switching positions with no medical attention necessary. What if the paresthesia isn’t so temporary? Recurrent tingling and numbness that causes discomfort could be cause for concern. Chiropractors can be utilized for such an occurrence. Chiropractors like those at Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy chiropractor near Brookhaven offer these treatments to deal with numbness or tingling:
Chiropractors are experts on the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. First and foremost, a chiropractor will perform an extensive physical examination to diagnose your ailment and its source. Recurrent numbness or tingling is often the sign of a more critical injury or medical condition. Next, they will create an individualized and non-invasive treatment plan. This plan can include a combination of various techniques that may include:
- A gentle force is applied to the designated problem area to reduce or eliminate any pressure on the nerves possibly responsible for the predicament.
- Focuses on bone alignments that can cause impingement of nerves, leading to numbness or tingling in the extremities.
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- A gentle force is applied to the soft tissues of the designated problem area to eliminate any pressure on the nerves possibly responsible for the issue.
- Muscles, ligaments, and tendons are adjusted to increase the range of motion and free nerves from possible impingement.
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Specific stretches and exercises are performed with chiropractic assistance to release tensions on the nerves causing numbness or tingling.
- Biomechanical defects that lead to numbness and tingling are made a focus of correction, collectively leading to greater musculoskeletal function.
- The created exercise and stretching regimens are tailored to your unique requirements and fitness level.
Contact Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy: Chiropractor near Brookhaven
Don’t let numbness or tingling control your life and slow you down! Find your specific cause of numbness or tingling, and fix it the right way. Contact our experts at Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy, a chiropractor near Brookhaven, for your numbness or tingling concerns today!