Muscle strains are among the most common injuries that can happen at any time. Someone may slip and fall the wrong way or pull a muscle while engaging in physical activity. If your muscle is strained too much, you may need to see a physical therapist. Going to Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY will help heal the strained muscle and strengthen it to prevent it in the future.
Muscle strains refer to the damage a muscle endures, such as pulling or tearing it. For some, this can be an incredibly painful experience, especially when the muscle is torn. If you suspect you may have strained a muscle, keep a lookout for these symptoms:
- Bruising, swelling, or redness due to the injury
- When you are resting, you feel pain
- Experiencing pain when a particular muscle or joint is used
- Weakness of your muscle
- Completely unable to use the muscle
If you continue to experience any of these symptoms for longer than 24 hours, contact your doctor to get an official prognosis on what is causing this pain.
With a minor strain, it is possible that it will heal on its own with an ice pack and a heating pad. However, for a more serious muscle strain, physical therapy is always beneficial in the healing process. Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY is always something to consider when it comes to an injury because it not only helps the healing process but also provides itself as a preventative measure for re-injury or other injuries. It finds the source of the pain and treats it in order to improve your quality of life. In order to properly treat this pain, you may undergo a series of training and exercises to give you the best care possible.
- Low-impact aerobic training – This is very similar to your warm-up workout before you get into heavy-duty lifting. However, you would use a stationary bike or walk quickly instead of running. This is to take as much pain off your joints as possible.
- Strengthening exercises – These would be a normal workout but modified depending on your comfort level. By strengthening the surrounding muscles, it alleviates pressure on the muscle that is in pain and benefits the overall healing process.
- Pain relief exercises – This is where the fun begins. This aspect of the physical therapy session is meant to make your life easier by targeting the areas that are in pain and strengthening them.
- Stretching – Finally, the stretching exercises will give your muscle that flexibility and mobility without causing an extreme amount of pain. Your muscles will be able to move more freely and prevent further injury in the future.
Overall, physical therapy should not be a painful experience. When it comes to muscle strains, they can be more on the difficult side to heal if the process is not done correctly. Going to Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY will help you make sure you are healing correctly and within a timely manner.
Understanding Sports Injuries
Here at Suffolk Chiropractic and Rehabilitation and PT , Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY, we see many acute sports injuries. The common acute sports injuries are often related to sudden movements or direct blows. They include sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and contusions.
Types Of Sports Injuries
Sprains are caused by a twisting injury that damages ligaments. The knee is the most commonly injured joint with this type of injury. Strains are caused by an overstretching of a muscle or tendon. Tendons connect muscles to bones. A sprain is a stretch and tear of a ligament, whereas a strain is a stretch and partial tear of a muscle or a tendon. The hamstring muscle in the back of the thigh is especially vulnerable since it crosses two joints. Fractures are breaks in bones caused by direct impact or by twisting or bending forces. Dislocations are the displacement of bones from their normal location at a joint. The shoulder is most susceptible to dislocations, usually caused by falling on an outstretched hand or by direct impact. Contusions or bruising can occur with no broken skin but only minor bleeding under tissue (subcutaneous) layers.
How To Prevent Sports Injuries
Athletes can prevent injuries by warming up, stretching, being in shape, practicing with Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY and playing within their limits. Proper footwear is important for all sports to prevent ankle injuries. Drinking water and sports drinks during exercise can help maintain hydration. Cooling down and resting after a workout prevents sudden drops in blood pressure and other problems.
If an athlete is injured, we recommend that they follow these steps:
– Stop the activity
– The injured area should be rested and not put under pressure. If it is necessary, place a towel or similar between the injured part and the rest of the body. This will minimize pain in injury rehabilitation.
– Apply cold compresses to reduce swelling and relieve pain. Do this for 10 minutes every 2 hours, or as needed.
– Cold compresses are usually recommended to be continued until the next day. During this time, it is important that an injured person does not do anything strenuous such as working out.
– After 48 hours, heat may be used for its vasodilation effect, which increases blood flow and helps the injury heal faster.
– After 48 hours, heat may be applied to increase blood flow and help the injury heal faster.
Contact Us: If you or a loved one have experienced a sports injury out on the field, SCR & PT , Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY, can help. Our team is knowledgeable and experienced in physical therapy for all types of sports injuries. We will create a personalized treatment plan to get you feeling your best and back on the field/ court as soon as possible.
Benefits of Physical Therapy: Improving Health and Wellness
At Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation & PT, our team will delve into the various advantages of physical therapy, shedding light on how it can enhance your overall health and well-being.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Pain Relief and Rehabilitation – Physical therapy plays a crucial role in alleviating pain and aiding in rehabilitation. Whether you’re recovering from an injury or surgery or living with chronic pain, skilled physical therapists can design personalized treatment plans to address your specific needs. Through targeted exercises, manual therapy, and other specialized techniques, physical therapy can reduce pain, improve flexibility, and enhance mobility.
- Restoring Functionality and Mobility – Physical therapy can be instrumental in restoring functionality when faced with limited mobility due to injury, illness, or age-related conditions. Skilled therapists utilize various techniques to strengthen muscles, improve coordination, and enhance balance. By focusing on targeted exercises and tailored treatment plans, physical therapy helps individuals regain independence and easily perform daily activities.
- Preventing Future Injuries – One of the key benefits of physical therapy is its ability to prevent future injuries. By identifying potential risk factors and addressing them through targeted interventions, physical therapists can help individuals enhance their strength, flexibility, and body mechanics. Physical therapy empowers individuals to reduce the risk of future injuries through education and guidance on proper techniques, posture, and body mechanics.
- Managing Chronic Conditions – Physical therapy is highly effective in managing chronic conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis. Through exercise, manual therapy, and education, physical therapists can alleviate pain, improve joint mobility, and enhance overall function. Additionally, they provide valuable guidance on lifestyle modifications, activity pacing, and self-management strategies to improve the quality of life for individuals living with chronic conditions.
- Enhancing Sports Performance – Physical therapy can significantly enhance performance and prevent sports-related injuries for athletes and sports enthusiasts. Physical therapists with expertise in sports rehabilitation create tailored programs to improve strength, endurance, agility, and flexibility. They analyze movement patterns, identify areas of weakness, and develop targeted interventions to optimize athletic performance, reduce the risk of injuries, and expedite recovery.
- Managing Age-Related Conditions – As we age, we may face challenges such as osteoporosis, arthritis, or joint degeneration. Physical therapy plays a vital role in managing age-related conditions and maintaining an active lifestyle. Through specialized exercises, balance training, and fall prevention strategies, physical therapists help older adults improve strength, flexibility, and balance, enabling them to lead a more independent and fulfilling life.
- Holistic Approach to Wellness – Physical therapy adopts a holistic approach to wellness, recognizing the interconnectedness of the body, mind, and spirit. By addressing the root causes of physical ailments and incorporating techniques such as therapeutic exercise, manual therapy, and patient education, physical therapists empower individuals to take charge of their health. This comprehensive approach improves physical well-being and promotes emotional and mental well-being.
Physical therapy offers a myriad of benefits that positively impact individuals’ lives. From pain relief and rehabilitation to preventing future injuries and managing chronic conditions, physical therapy plays a pivotal role in improving overall health and well-being. Be sure to contact Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation & PT to learn more about physical therapy Center Moriches NY.
There are many different types of doctors at Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation and PT, that can help you if you hurt your back at work, such as a workers comp Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY, physical therapist or general practitioner.
It is often best to go to a specialist in back injuries when you have an injury related to your job. These doctors know more about how the body works and what treatments will be most effective in your situation.
If you have any pre-existing conditions, such as arthritis or diabetes, it is important to tell the doctor about this when you see them for a back injury related to work. Your doctor will then know how best to treat you and that they should continue treatment for these conditions during and after your recovery from your injury.
A workers comp Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY can give you treatment that focuses on your back, such as physical therapy or massage. A workers comp chiropractor in Yaphank often have their patients do exercises that also focus on other parts of the body. In some cases, chiropractors may use a technique called spinal adjustment to help align the patient’s spine and offer them relief from pain caused by a sore back.
A physical therapist can provide their patients with treatment and exercises to improve their mobility and strengthen muscles. They may also prescribe you a device such as a brace or cane to help relieve your pain and discomfort while you recover from your back injury related to work.
A general practitioner will be able to refer you to physicians who can treat your injured back. They often know which hospitals and doctors specialize in the treatment of back injuries and can give you advice on what to look for when making your decision.
You should always tell your workers comp Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY if you’ve been part of any activities that might have contributed to your injury such as heavy lifting or a fall at work. This will help the doctor understand how your injury occurred and which treatments might be best for your condition. If you have been recently hurt at work be sure to call SRC&PT. We have a workers comp Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY just for you. Don’t wait, call today!
At Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY, a herniated disk is not considered to be chronic pain. However, the pain associated with a herniated disk can last months or even years after successful treatment of the injury has been received. The patient must rely on their doctor to assess if their pain should be treated as long-term and what course of action should be taken for that pain.
As a herniated disk is a condition that is primarily caused by a trauma to the disk, it can be considered acute. However, there are cases of this injury becoming chronic because the patient has not received treatment for the injury in a timely manner or at all. If they have not received treatment for their herniated disk injury, it can result in the herniated disk becoming chronic pain.
Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY will also be able to give the patient more information on why they are experiencing pain even though the injury has healed. If the doctor determines that the patient is still experiencing pain because the injury has become a chronic condition, they will be able to indicate what course of action should be taken.
The patient must rely on their doctor to find out if they are suffering from chronic pain or if they should return for additional treatment. If they have not received treatment for their herniated disk, then this may be an indication that more treatment is needed.
A patient should never assume that their herniated disk is cured after one procedure. Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY may indicate to the patient what course of action they need to take for their pain, which can include physical therapy or even medication.
Physical therapy for a herniated disk can be necessary to ensure that the patient has not experienced any long-term damage. However, these treatments can also assist in relieving pain and allowing the patient’s body time to heal. Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY will indicate whether physical therapy is required for the patient or if they should return for additional treatment at a later date.
Contact Us Today: If you are in pain and think you may have a herniated disk contact us today. SCR&PT will get you back on track. We offer Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY services to patients in need. The pain one suffers from a herniated disc is severe, and we want to help you!
Are you having a painful sensation in your forehead, side of your head, or around your eyes because of a severe headache? Symptoms may vary, but this can be a migraine. Migraines can be painful and can intensify during physical activity or no treatment. It is crucial to treat migraines because they can lead to complications and even worsen any health conditions that you may already have. Physical therapy is the ideal non-invasive treatment for migraines that can permanently take them away. Need to find a Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY? Fortunately, Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation & PT (SCR&PT) is the optimal Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY to help you treat those migraines.
Migraine vs. Headache
A migraine is an extremely painful headache disorder that produces symptoms that are much more intense and can weaken you. A headache is an uncomfortable pain that causes pressure or aching in your head. Both can occur on any part of your head but are different when it comes to the symptoms and severity.
Migraine Stages and Symptoms
Some migraines may not cause symptoms, or pain at all, but they occur in different stages and intensity. The common stages and symptoms include:
- Prodrome (before the headache and most common)
- Sensitive to light, sound, or smell
- Mood changes
- Lack of appetite, or hunger
- Aura (5-20 minute period)
- Difficulty seeing
- Tingling or numbness on one side of the body
- Ringing in your ears
- Seeing flashes of light, black dots, or wavy lines
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Lack of appetite or hunger
- Mood changes
Healthcare professionals have not found the common or true cause of migraines; however, they seem to be from brain chemical changes and genes. It is possible that any migraine triggers your parents may have, can be passed down to you. Other possible causes are lack of sleep, skipping meals, hormone changes, changes in weather, or stress.
Treatment: Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY
Migraines can be temporarily treated with proper medication which can stop the pain or prevent the migraine to worsen. However, this method will take it away for a short period of time and will not eliminate them permanently. Remedies to treat migraines at home include:
- Resting and closing your eyes in a quiet room
- Placing a cool compress on your forehead
- Staying hydrated
Physical therapy is the long-term solution to treating migraines because it helps reduce the pain, prevents future headaches, and can improve your ability to move. Migraines can be issues with your posture or a previous injury and physical therapy can help manage that pain. Migraines can come from dealing with other pain on other parts of your body and properly treating those areas first can be the main solution to the throbbing pain in your head.
Physical Therapy for Migraines: Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY
Looking for a physical therapy center in Moriches, NY? When going for your first therapy visit at SCR&PT, our therapists will ask you a series of questions to evaluate the severity of your migraines and find the best treatment for you. Questions will range from age, gender, health history, symptoms, pain, and previous treatment. Here at Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation & PT (SCR&PT) the Physical Therapy Center Moriches NY we have a team that blends all of their expertise and are specialized in this area of care to guarantee a customized treatment plan that best suits your needs. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!