It can be one of the scariest experiences to go through when you get into a car accident, especially if it is your first. You are considered lucky if you walk away with not only minimal damages to your car but to yourself as well. If you sustain an injury, you can seek auto accident treatment in Brookhaven to help you return to your daily life.
Here is a list of common car accident injuries:
- Whiplash – whiplash occurs when your body moves in ways it’s not supposed to at a higher speed than you would typically move. You may feel discomfort in your neck and/or back when you experience this.
- Concussions – concussions usually happen when you sustain an impact to your head on the steering wheel, headrest on the seat, or the airbag going off. Symptoms of a concussion typically vary depending on the person; however, the most common ones are not remembering what happened and feeling like it takes longer for your brain to process something.
- Broken bones – depending on the impact of the car accident and where you are hit, you may end up breaking something. If you feel pain and notice swelling in an area, see a doctor for auto accident treatment in Brookhaven.
Treatment: Auto Accident Treatment in Brookhaven
While whiplash and concussions can be treated at home with rest and some ice, other injuries may not have the same results. If you find you have a broken bone, you may have to have a more rigorous treatment plan; which depends on the severity of the break. With a broken bone, your limb will be immobilized for an extended period of time, and you will likely need to undergo physical therapy to help restore its strength. This is a similar treatment you would get if you injured your back enough from the whiplash, where rest will be recommended and then moved into physical therapy. Ensuring your back receives the proper treatment makes the recovery process easier and quicker.
When it comes to a car accident, you always want to make sure that you are taking care of yourself and tending to any injuries you may have. These injuries could vary from concussions to broken bones depending on the severity of the car accident. If you sustain a severe injury, seeking out auto accident treatment in Brookhaven is the first step to regaining your strength and returning to your daily life. Contact us if you need therapy today!
Muscle strains are extremely common and can be caused by a variety of circumstances. When you strain a muscle, it can often be very tender, sore, and painful. Also, your range of motion and strength are sometimes affected by the strain. Muscle strains can also occur on a scale of severity. For minor muscle strains, treatment can usually be accomplished at home, whereas with more severe muscle strains, medical attention is likely necessary. You should call auto accident treatment in Brookhaven if you are having any of these issues.
A majority of muscle strains typically occur in the lower back. If you feel as though you have suffered from a muscle strain and require a auto accident treatment in Brookhaven , contact us at Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation and PT to schedule an appointment and get yourself on the path to recovery ASAP!
How Do I Know If I Strained a Muscle?
Strained muscles can be difficult to self-diagnose as the symptoms can be touch and go and ambiguous. You might not immediately experience pain after an injury to the area; however, in the days to come, it could begin to increase in pain severity, decreased range of motion, or discomfort.
Most commonly, muscle strains occur when the muscle is overstretched beyond its normal range due to fatigue, overuse, improper use, or trauma to the muscle. It is always a good idea to rest the affected muscle if you suspect you may have strained it. That way, regardless of the severity of the injury, you are giving the muscle the required rest it needs to begin the healing process.
Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation and PT are an auto accident treatment in Brookhaven that can be of help to you if you believe you may have suffered from a strained muscle. Visit our website for more information!
Common Symptoms of a Muscle Strain
Usually, when you strain a muscle, you will feel it when it occurs. You might not experience pain right or discomfort right away, however.
Common symptoms of a muscle strain are:
- Sudden rush of pain
- ROM Limitations
Contact Us: Auto Accident Treatment in Brookhaven
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, you may have strained muscle. If you’re in need of a auto accident treatment in Brookhaven , contact us at Suffolk Chiropractic Rehabilitation and PT for expert care and assistance. We are dedicated to ensuring that our patients receive the time and attention needed to properly diagnose and treat their conditions. Visit our website for more information on our location, hours, and services we provide.
No matter who you are, you have most likely already experienced pain sometime throughout your life. It is important that you do not ignore the pain as it can get worse. There are many different ways to manage pain; seeking help at auto accident treatment in Brookhaven is one way you can do so.
What is Pain ?
Pain is a reaction of the nervous system that warns you of possible injury. There are many different kinds of pain, and the levels of pain can vary greatly. The different types of pain are as follows: acute pain, subacute pain, and chronic pain.
- Acute Pain: Occurs suddenly and lasts for a short period of time. Acute pain may result from injuries such as cuts, burns, and bone fractures or illnesses such as strep throat and food poisoning. If you have experienced any of the following injuries or illnesses, you know that the pain tends to be sharp and will go away once the cause has been treated.
- Chronic Pain: Unlike acute pain, chronic pain lasts longer as it comes and goes for over months or potentially years. Some examples that cause chronic pain include cancer, arthritis, or chronic migraines. When the cause of chronic pain can not be identified, it is said to be functional pain.
- Subacute Pain: This type of pain persists for more than six weeks even after effort has been made to get rid of the pain. You may experience subacute pain because of an underlying condition, injury, inflammation, or surgical treatment.
Three Types of Pain Management
There are many different ways that one can manage pain. Three common types of pain management include medication, therapy, and manipulation, and massage.
- Medication: Many different kinds of medication are prescribed for pain depending on how serious the pain is and what is causing the pain. Your doctor or physical therapist at auto accident treatment in Brookhaven may prescribe you anti-inflammatory drugs, antidepressants, and opioid medications, if possible; depending on the severity of your injury. There are also many over-the-counter pain relievers.
- : When exercises are not done correctly, pain can be worsened. Attending physical therapy can help this problem by having a therapist tailor the right exercise program specifically for you. A physical therapist will build your tolerance and reduce pain so that you do not overdo it.
- Manipulation and Massage: These are more therapeutic approaches to treating pain. At auto accident treatment in Brookhaven, therapists use manipulation and massage the soft tissues in muscles that are causing pain.
Contact Us: Auto Accident Treatment in Brookhaven
If you are experiencing pain, seek help as soon as possible by attending Suffolk Chiropractic Rehab and PT, auto accident treatment in Brookhaven. Our team cares for patients young and old and will help overcome chronic or acute pain. Schedule your appointment today to get back to living life pain-free.